ShawMan Software Private Limited, (referred to as “ShawMan”, the “Company”, “we”, “us” and “our”) is a company incorporated under the provisions of the Companies Act, 2013 and powers / manages the ShawMan systems and services.
ShawMan systems and services is used by Establishments where both the Establishment staff and customers (referred to as “Users”) will use the systems and services to carry out all required Operational tasks.
Customers and staff (users) will enter personal data required to complete the Master and Transactional data entry in the ShawMan systems and services.
This policy applies only to the customer information that is collected while using the ShawMan systems and services for sake of informing, reminding, following up on the Transactions carried out in the portal / system, collecting post-transaction feedback and help the Users carry out Post-transaction processes.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that you provide to, or that is collected by, any third-party service, which you might require to complete your transaction, while completing a transaction through ShawMan systems and services. We encourage you to consult directly with such third parties about their privacy practices.
(I) USER INFORMATION
Information you provide to us
In order to carry out certain activities and processes while using ShawMan systems and services, limited customer data is collected as below:
Your customer account information: Your full name, email, gender, mobile number, postal code and password is acquired. The Customer preferences are also updated from time to time and stored for reference and to enhance the customer experience journey.
The Information as supplied by the users enables us to improve our applications and provide you the most user-friendly experience. All required information is systems and service dependent and ShawMan may use the above said user information to, maintain, protect, and improve its Systems and Services (including marketing services), for developing new Systems and services and to personalize your experience while using our Systems and Services. Any other information acquired will not be considered as sensitive if it is freely available and accessible in the public domain or is furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005, any rules made there under or any other law for the time being in force.
COOKIES AND OTHER ELECTRONIC TOOLS
(II) INFORMATION SHARING
General Information Disclosures
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates, which are entities under common ownership or control of our ultimate parent company [ShawMan Software Private Limited].
- To contractors, service providers and other third-parties whom we use to support our business (e.g. dinner reservations, food delivery etc.) and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. In the unlikely event of any accidental disclosure of your information by ShawMan or by these affiliates or business partners as described above; you will not hold ShawMan Software Private Limited liable for legal action.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of ShawMan’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by ShawMan about the users of our Services are among the assets transferred.
- To third-parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to receive the promotional updates. We contractually require these third-parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfil the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- Service Providers: We may share your information with outside vendors that we use for a variety of purposes, such as to send you emails and messages on behalf of other ShawMan members, push notifications to your mobile device on our behalf, provide chatbot, and AI based services to process your queries and questions, help us analyse use of our Services, and process and collect payments. Some of our products, services and databases are hosted by third party hosting services providers. We also may use vendors for other projects, such as conducting surveys or organizing sweepstakes for us. We may share information about you with these vendors only to enable them to perform their services.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of ShawMan, our Partners, Associates or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Consent: We may share your information in any other circumstances where we have your consent.
Information Shared with Establishments
When you make a transaction at the Establishment through our Systems and Services, your information is provided to us and to the Establishment with whom you choose to interact. In order to facilitate your transaction, we provide your information to that Establishment in a similar manner as if you had made a transaction directly with the Establishment. If you provide a mobile phone number, Establishments or ShawMan may send you text messages regarding your transaction status. Some Establishments also require you to provide credit or debit card account information to secure your booking. When you make an Establishment Booking through our Systems and Services and/or make a payment to an Establishment through our Services, we may also share with the Establishment’s additional information, such as information about your preferences and history or information that we collect from third-parties.
Information you choose to share with an Establishment when you make a booking and/or pay an Establishment through our Systems and Services may be used by the Establishment for its own purposes. We do not control the privacy practices of Establishment. Please contact the Establishment directly if you want to learn about its privacy practices.
Payment Card Information
To use certain of our Services, such as to make Bookings / transactions at certain Establishments and to make payments to certain Establishments, we may require credit or debit card account information. By submitting your credit or debit card account information through our Services, you expressly consent to the sharing of your information with Establishment, third-party payment processors, and other third-party service providers (including but not limited to vendors who provide fraud detection services to us and other third parties), and you further agree to the following terms:
- When you use a credit or debit card to complete a transaction through our applications, we provide your credit or debit card account information (including card number and expiration date) to our third-party payment service providers and the applicable Establishment.
- For information about the security of your credit or debit card account information, see the “Security” section below.
(III) ACCESSING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to accurately record the personal information that you provide to us and any subsequent updates.
We encourage you to review, update, and correct the personal information that we maintain about you, and you may request that we delete personal information about you that is inaccurate, incomplete, or irrelevant for legitimate purposes, or are being processed in a way which infringes any applicable legal requirement.
Your right to review, update, correct, and delete your personal information may be limited, subject to the law of your jurisdiction: (i) if your requests are abusive or unreasonably excessive, (ii) where the rights or safety of another person or persons would be encroached upon, or (iii) if the information or material you request relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between you and us, or providing access to you would prejudice negotiations between us or an investigation of possible unlawful activity. Your right to review, update, correct, and delete your information is subject to our records retention policies and applicable law, including any statutory retention requirements.
(IV) INFORMATION SECURITY
We assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond our control. You play an important role in keeping your personal information secure. You should not share your username, password, or other security information for your account with anyone. If we receive instructions using your user-name and password, we will consider that you have authorized the instructions.
Any complaints or concerns with regards to content or to report any abuse of laws or breach of these terms may be taken up with the designated grievance officer as mentioned below via post or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to:
Mr. Soumya Das (Grievance Officer)
Redressal Mechanism: Any complaints, abuse or concerns with regards to content and or comment or breach of these terms shall be immediately informed to the designated Grievance Officer as mentioned below via in writing or through email signed with the electronic signature to:
Mr. Soumya Das (Grievance Officer)
ShawMan Software Private Limited
ShawMan Software Private Limited,
640 B, Khorshed Villa, Khareghat Road, Dadar (East),
Mumbai – 400 014, India.
Tel: 022 24116220
(V) LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
(VI) COMPLIANCE WITH DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS
(VIII) CONTACT US
Attention: Mr. Soumya Das (Privacy Officer)
ShawMan Software Private Limited
640 B, Khorshed Villa, Khareghat Road, Dadar (East), Mumbai – 400 014, India.
Tel: 022 24116220